International Home Watch Alliance - Approved Business Membership
Approved Business Members of the International Home Watch Alliance™ are organizations that embrace the mission and have the commitment to advance the Home Watch profession through integrity, sound business practices, ensuring they leverage best practices to properly look after the client’s seasonal home.
The International Home Watch Alliance™ is a platform for Home Watch Professionals to learn and share experiences, continually develop and refine best practices, and be in the constant pursuit of exceptional.
- A business listing in IHWA Membership Directory with robust search capability.
- Be able to fully customize profile and leverage if your organization does not have or want a website while still having a web presence.
- Be recognized as a professional organization that has met the criteria of the IHWA.
- Access to ongoing professional development and resources.
- Access to a members-only forum to share best practices with industry peers.
- Differentiate your business from your competition due to the high standards involved to become a member of the IHWA.
- Leverage the combined efforts of all IHWA members to support advocacy efforts to advance the recognition of the Home Watch profession.
- Access to related businesses that understand and endorse the mission of the IHWA.
- Member marketing programs.
To become an Approved Member of the IHWA, the following information is required:
- Proof of an established business entity - Copy of your State Annual Report
- Proof of business insurance:
- Minimum Coverage – $1,000,000 General Liability – $2,000,000 Aggregate. The IHWA must be named on the Certificate of Insurance/COI as an Additional Insured
- Bond in the minimum amount of $10, 000.
- Confirm that you have a contract between your Home Watch business and the homeowner.
- Confirm that you have a Car Drive Agreement if providing such service.
- Pass a background check of the business owner(s).
- Agree to the Terms & Conditions of the IHWA. Terms and Conditions can be reviewed here
Upon becoming an Approved Member, we welcome the opportunity to discuss how best to leverage the marketing assets of the IHWA. We will also share more about the various committees to see where you are suited to contribute to the IHWA community at large. Today’s members are tomorrow’s leaders.
*Contracts, business website, and marketing materials are subject to review by the IHWA Compliance Committee.
Annual Business Membership
Single payment: $450 per year
Monthly Payments: $47.50 per month: One-Year Membership Commitment is Required
- Includes one background check. Background checks for additional owners are $75.
- In the event that Membership is not approved, the IHWA will provide a refund less the $75 for the cost of the background check.
- The membership fee is non-refundable